4 Types of casual shirts every man should have
Casual shirts are considered to be the best outfits to be worn in the office, on a late-night date, or on the weekends. It gives a relaxed and stylish look. There are tons of styles to style a casual shirt. Either you can pair it with formal trousers, jeans, chinos, or shorts. They look great with anything you pair them with. Whether you’re wearing a casual shirt with a suit or giving it a touch of casual smart look, casual shirts can be considered to be one of the most staple items of men’s fashion. Always make sure that it is always styled comfortably: untucked, rolled sleeves, casual fabric. The fabric of casual shirts is more breathable, soft, and are available in lively and bright colors to add pep into your wardrobe. Unlike most dress shirts, casual shirts can have one or more chest pockets for added detail and function. It is an integral part of different occasions and events. It has become the well-renowned fabric of the wardrobe of men. There are various types of casual shirts, and it might be daunting for you to choose which one. So, we have come up with 5 types of casual shirts which every man should consider having in their wardrobe. Let’s dive into the pool of casual shirts and the ways to style them.
Spread collar shirts:
Spread collar shirts are the most popular casual shirts. It is a traditional collar worn with a tie. So, it's the most common shirt in most men’s closets. A wider spread collar is best for men with a narrow face shape, as it draws the viewer’s eye outward, creating the impression of a wider face. Casual shirts are best styled with the top button undone, giving a relaxed and cool look.
- Pair a grey spread collar shirt with a dark-washed pair of jeans, white sneakers, and a pair of sunglasses. There you are left with only admiring yourself.
- Consider pairing a light blue collar shirt with a dark-washed pair of jeans, black boots, and a casual or dress watch. Try this look and you cannot stop admiring yourself.
Button-down collar shirts:
Button-down collar t-shirts are considered one of the best types of casual shirts. It is either too traditional or too casual, but we think it is a classic piece that never goes out of style. It is considered to be one of the excellent outfits to be carried in spring. You can possibly pair this type of casual shirt with anything. During winter days, you can go for bomber jackets, or sweaters with the outfit and everything will look amazing still. The only thing you need to ensure is that the colors are matched well.
- Pair a light blue button-down collar shirt with blue denim jeans, a white sneaker, and a casual watch.
- Consider pairing a red button-down shirt with a black bomber jacket, black denim jeans, black boots. Try this look and wait for the compliments to pour in.
Sleeveless style shirts are considered to be one of the hottest shirts available in the market. It is an excellent option for summers and the hot spring. These shirts look amazing on muscular men. If you have shed a lot of sweat in the gym, then you should consider having this in your closet.
- Pair a white sleeveless casual shirt with black jeans, white sneakers, and a casual watch. Try this look and it would be difficult for the ladies out there to resist the hotness.
- Consider pairing a light blue sleeveless casual shirt with chinos shorts, loafers, and a pair of sunglasses.
Shirt jackets (over shirt):
A shirt jacket is a hybrid of half of a jacket and half of a shirt. It has a boxier fit and looks amazing when paired with a t-shirt. The fabric can be a little heavier than a casual shirt. It is a great alternative for sweaters in the winter. The shirt jacket represents an outdoorsy, tough, and rugged look when paired with dark washed pair of jeans and black boots.
- Pair a redshirt jacket with a simple plain white t-shirt, black jeans, boots, and a dress watch. Try this look and make the heads turn at you.
- Consider pairing a black shirt jacket with a simple plain red t-shirt, black jeans, and boots. Always remember not to tuck the shirt in.
The casual shirts are the backbone of the closet. When building a classy wardrobe try having the casual shirts mentioned above and look dressed up always for any occasion. Casual shirts are considered to be a great option to class up the image of a man. There are several occasions where t-shirts don’t work anymore. Shirts have gone a sea change until now. Younger lads consider wearing casual shirts more. Long gone are the days when casual shirts used to be a piece of clothing for old gentlemen. Always make sure to choose the right fabric.