How to look elegant in shorts?
Shorts came in the year 1890s for schoolboys and scout uniforms. In today’s time, they can be the star of anyone’s wardrobe if styled well. While shorts have always been considered casual outfits, the right pair can even work well in dressier circumstances, like the office or even cocktail hour. You have to ensure that your shorts look stylish, rather than sloppy. Everything depends on the fit. Don’t wear those shorts which are too big and call them ‘loose’. Fit is important no matter what cut you choose. One can wear a loose pair of t-shirts and still look tailored, as long as the fit is good. The tailored fit doesn’t mean slim-fit trousers. It simply means everything needs to fit properly. In other words, it needs to fit as it was designed to fit. When it comes to shorts, you need to ensure that your shorts are above the knee or touch the knee. This kind of outfit is best for those who seek comfort in fashion. You can wear shorts whenever you want to look killer and comfortable at the same time. If you want any kind of ideas to style shorts, you can look at the styles mentioned below and look stunning.
Pair it with a t-shirt:
A T-shirt is the most common outfit available in every man’s wardrobe. Shorts and tee are the most common combinations we wear at home. But, we don’t think about what kind of t-shirts will suit the shorts or the color combinations. Let’s look at few easy styling tips to rock your tee with shorts
- Pair a black round-neck tee with grey shorts. You can wear this look even to go outside as it appears to be cool and comfortable.
- Pair a graphic tee with navy color shorts and you can add sneakers when stepping out.
Pair it with a shirt:
You can try any color or pattern with shorts as anything goes well with shorts. Shorts and a shirt are a great combination to hang out with friends or hitting the beach. Always make sure to wear a collared shirt with shorts. Collared short-sleeve shirts are the best options for men who want to look good but stay cool and comfortable as well.
- Pair a checked shirt with navy color shorts and loafers.
- Pair a simple red shirt with cream color shorts and white sneakers to complete your casual look.
Pair it with a bomber jacket:
This is a very fashion-forward pairing. Hitting a club or hanging out with friends, nothing can be better than this combination. You can wear the kind of tee that complements the color of your jacket. This combination is a treat to the eyes and most importantly convenient too.
- Pair a red jacket, white tee, and black shorts. You can add wearing a sneaker for a dapper look.
- Consider pairing cream shorts with a black jacket and a white tee. Wear white sneakers for a complete casual look.
Pair it with a blazer or coat:
This combination is popular in a southern country where people wear this kind of combination for business meetings and office in summer. This is considered a smart look. You can even wear this kind of combination at weddings.
- Pair a blue blazer with a white shirt and black shorts. You can add a tie-in contrast color if needed. Wear a loafer for a smarter look.
- Consider pairing a blue coat with a white shirt and navy-blue pants, you can also wear white sneakers for a cool and edgy look.
Pair it with a denim jacket:
Denim is always in trend. You can rock your simple shorts look with a classy denim jacket. It always gives an edgy and stylish look. “When in doubt wear denim”, and you can also wear a denim jacket on denim shorts. Denim on denim always rocks.
- Pair a simple white tee with a blue denim jacket and black shorts. Add white sneakers to complement your look.
- Consider pairing a black tee with a blue denim jacket and blue denim shorts. Wear a white sneaker or loafer.
You have a lot of options while styling shorts. Always make sure to wear the right pair of shoes. Shoes play an important role while styling any outfit. Some of the best options of shoes to wear shorts are loafers, sneakers, boat shoes. Of course, you can wear socks with shorts, just stick with liner, ankle, or no-show socks. Rely on no-show socks if you’re wearing loafers. Ankle socks work with sneakers. You can look amazing in shorts without putting in much effort if these things are kept in mind. just carry any outfits with confidence and make the heads turning at you. Until and unless you are confident about the outfit, all the efforts that are put in will be of no use. So, be confident and try all the styles mentioned above and wait for the compliments to pour!